Below are the current E&E staff vacancies:
Hospitality Tutor – for Youth
The Salvation Army Education & Employment (TSA E&E) is seeking a tutor for our Youth Guarantee programme in Tauranga, to begin work in 2018. While following an approved curriculum you will have the opportunity to make the role and the teaching space reflect the environment and culture you wish to create, and which will enable your learners to succeed. Our goal is to give youth the opportunity to learn in an environment where they feel well-supported, productive, and motivated to achieve and progress.
The position is full-time, permanent, 37.5 hours per week.
We are looking for a person who has the following:
- Appropriate service sector qualifications at least one level above that which is to be taught, and preferably also tutoring/teaching qualifications.
- Work and/or tutoring experience in the service sector
- Good literacy and numeracy skills along with basic computer skills
- Ability to work with youth, identifying their needs, and with health & safety in mind
- Very good planning and organisational skills – able to plan the teaching day/week
- Ability to maintain a welcoming environment and well-maintained resources
- A self-starter who enjoys setting and achieving stretch targets.
Police vetting required. Support and training will be given where tutoring background is limited.
If you have the relevant qualifications and/or experience, please post or email us an up-to-date CV by:
5.00 pm Monday, 11 December 2017
To – Sandra Biedermann, TSA E&E, PO Box 6015, Wellington 6011
or email your CV to: email@example.com
Mount Wellington, Auckland
Are you experienced in all aspects of café service and production and ready for the next step in your career? Are you aspiring to be sole charge? Possibly you’re experienced in hospitality, and wanting to return to the workforce. Are you keen to pass on your knowledge in a training environment and inspire others?
We are looking for a passionate, dynamic Café Manager with a hands-on approach to take our established business to the next level at the Auckland City Corps and Auckland City Korean Corps in Mt Wellington, providing exceptional customer service and supporting our students to achieve their qualifications. Unlike most hospitality roles, this position is Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week.
This is a key opportunity for a person seeking employment who possesses the following attributes:
- Cookery and barista experience
- Multi-tasker and a can-do attitude
- Initiative and problem solving skills
- High integrity
- Great communicator with proven ability to develop and maintain key relationships
- Ability to work independently but keen to develop and work with a team
- A passion to help young people develop their skills
- A philosophy that aligns with The Salvation Army mission
And the proven capability to:
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Set goals and strategies to achieve agreed outcomes
- Manage the overall performance of the cafe, including financial management
- Set the direction through effective leadership and the pursuit of operational excellence
Our outstanding candidates will also:
- Demonstrate a proven passion for training young people
- Have experience of catering and managing functions on and off-site
- Be social media savvy with a desire to market and promote Booth Café.
Apply in writing, with a covering letter and CV outlining previous team- leading and training experience and results achieved to:
Stephanie Wales, Auckland Manager at Stephanie_wales@nzf.salvationarmy.org
Education & Employment, P.O Box 21-664, Henderson 0650, Auckland
Applications close at 9am on Monday 11th December 2017.
Interviews to be held pre-Christmas for mid-January start.
Applicants must have New Zealand residency and will be required to be police vetted for this position.
The Salvation Army is a worldwide evangelical Christian church and human service provider. It is committed to caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society – all through the love of God shown in Jesus. The successful applicant should therefore show an ability to identify with the mission and values of The Salvation Army.