Below are the current E&E staff vacancies:
Ag/Hort Tutor – for Youth
The Salvation Army Education & Employment (TSA E&E) is seeking a tutor for our Youth Guarantee programme in Christchurch (Biological Husbandry Unit at Lincoln).
While following an approved curriculum you will have the opportunity to make the role and the teaching space reflect the learning environment and culture you wish to create, and which will enable your learners to succeed. Our goal is to give youth the opportunity to learn in an environment where they feel well-supported, productive, and motivated to achieve and progress.
The position is full-time, permanent, 37.5 hours per week. Job share will be considered.
We are looking for a person who has the following:
- Appropriate horticulture and/or agriculture qualifications at least level three or equivalent industry experience, and preferably also tutoring/teaching qualifications.
- Work and/or tutoring experience in the primary sector
- Good literacy and numeracy skills along with basic computer skills
- Ability to work with youth, identifying their needs, and with health & safety in mind
- Very good planning and organisational skills – able to plan the teaching day/week
- Ability to maintain a welcoming environment and well-maintained resources
- A self-starter who enjoys setting and achieving stretch targets.
Because the BHU is Organic certified it is a requirement that the tutor has a commitment to organic philosophy and practices.
Police vetting required. Support and training will be given where tutoring background is limited.
If you have the relevant qualifications and/or experience, please post or email us an up-to-date CV and application letter by:
5.00 pm Monday, 29 January 2018
To – Lynne Johnston, TSA E&E, PO Box 6015, Wellington 6011
or email your CV to: email@example.com
The Salvation Army is a worldwide evangelical Christian church and human service provider. It is committed to caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society – all through the love of God shown in Jesus. The successful applicant should therefore show an ability to identify with the mission and values of The Salvation Army.